The School is a vibrant and exciting place for both our boys and the teachers and Westminster Under School Parents’ Association (WUSPA) was founded in 2016 to foster a continuing and effective partnership between the School and the boys’ families with the aim of creating an enjoyable social environment and welcoming sense of community across all year groups.
All current parents of a WUS boy are members and are warmly welcome. The WUSPA Committee is comprised of over forty active parents who either co-ordinate specific events or volunteer as Form Reps. They organise and manage many activities throughout the year, primarily enjoyable social events for community building often with the added benefit of supporting charitable causes and our School Bursary Fund. Our enthusiastic volunteers plan:
- Parent talks – two to three talks per term focused on topics of interest. Recent examples include ‘Classics for the Millennium’ and ‘The Adolescent Brain’.
- Student Bookshop – volunteer parents delight the boys every Monday with interesting reading options and literary advice. The team works closely with the school ensuring selections are available to complement work in lessons and outside interests.
- Nearly New Uniform – sales of gently used uniform.
- Merchandise – WUS merchandise made specifically for parents and their boys. Items include: tote bags, swim bags, swim caps, water bottles, fleece hats and music bags. (This year our in-house advert for WUS-branded tote bags almost rivalled John Lewis’s Christmas version – this can be viewed below);
- Fund Raising Events – Every year WUSPA and the school coordinate two large community building events linking the staff, the boys and their families:
- CHRISTMAS FAIR: the first Sunday in December is celebrated by boys, families and staff all participating in a festive and enjoyable afternoon;
- SUMMER FÊTE: the penultimate Friday of the school year is celebrated on beautiful Vincent Square with many outdoor events, sporting matches and stalls run by both boys and their parents.
- Coffee mornings;
- Year group social events;
- Year 8 Leavers’ activities – recognising the efforts of our departing boys, parents coordinate a Yearbook, Leavers Party and parting gift.